Posts tagged Wi-Fi
Configuring proxy settings for Wi-Fi connections on Android devices is a 3-5 year long headache for users of popular Android OS’s of which 700,000 are being activated every day , you would think with a product distributing at this volume they would have solved a basic option used in nearly every organisation/school in the world which is to set a proxy server.
What is a proxy server?
Generally proxy servers are used to speed up the process of transfering data between the server and your computer. One of the best ways to show this process is to think about a mini supermarket which enables you to purchase certain items without having to travel further to the bigger supermarket. In a school or work environment proxy servers are used can be used to achieve extra security; how? you can apply a proxy to a certain user and this can channel the user out of a different route on this route they may have added security filters for example blocking games or chat room sites.
HTC One x – Configuring proxy settings on a Wi-Fi connection
- Goto Settings on the phones menu
- Open up your Wi-Fi settings under the Settings Menu
- Onces on the Wi-Fi menu hold your finger down on the Wi-Fi connection you want to modify the settings for
- A sub menu will appear saying the Network name and ‘Forget network’ or ‘Modify network’ select ‘Modify Network’
- Make sure you now tick ‘Show advanced options” and under the Proxy settings menu select ‘Manual’
- You can now enter your proxy details including the hostname and port number, click save and you are done (see image below)